Free Online Training
Did you know there are free, online sources of high quality training for health care providers interested in the health and wellness of LGBT people? Several provide Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits for participants, too:
- NEW! Web-based seminar for health professionals working to decrease smoking dependence among LGBT people Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Sensitivity Training for Tobacco Cessation Providers
- Free Online Continuing Medical Education Course (CME): Tobacco Use and LGBT Individuals from the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association. This free online course reviews the scientific literature on tobacco use and tobacco-related health disparities among LGBT populations.
- The Fenway Institute online learning modules on LGBT Health
- American Medical Association video "Patient Sexual Health History: What You Need to Know to Help"
- Online course Removing the Barriers: Providing Culturally Competent Care to Lesbians and Women who Partner with Women, from The Mautner Project
Do you know of additional sources of online trainings on this theme? If so, contact us to let us know!